Are you questioning whether or not you need gutters? Are you confused about the best type of gutter system for your home? At Alamance Insulation and Gutters, we’re here to help you understand how to choose and install the perfect gutter systems for your home. We provide quality insulation installation and gutter installation and repair services across the Triad area. If your home or business is located in Greensboro, High Point, Burlington, or surrounding areas in North Carolina, let our professionals help you with all your insulation and gutter needs today.
Today, we wanted to address some frequently asked questions about gutters. Check back next week for even more commonly asked questions about gutters.
- Why are gutters important? Gutters protect your home – both the exterior and the interior. If your gutters are clogged, this can cause expensive and even dangerous home repairs. Properly installed and maintained gutters can protect your home and your family (and your wallet).
- Why should I replace my gutters? If you notice any of the following scenarios, it is time to replace your gutters:
- If your gutters are clogged or leaky. This can cause basement leaks, mold, and foundation problems. Standing water in gutters is also a common place where mosquitoes breed.
- If your gutters are old. Not only will this create damage to your home, but it might also reduce the value of your property! Up-to-date gutters look more visually appealing.
- If your gutters are bent, dented, or pulling away from your home. Replace these altogether – don’t try to fix them.
- If your seamed gutters are pulling apart or are leaking.
- If you want to change up the appearance of your home. Consider a different color gutter!
- If the drainage of your current gutters is not sufficient. Consider installing a larger size gutter and/or downspout system.
- How can I tell if something is wrong with my gutters? When it’s raining, can you hear water pouring aggressively onto the ground? Or maybe you’ve noticed rain pouring out of the sides of your gutters? Your gutters aren’t draining properly in any of these cases. If you notice peeling paint or corroded wood around your house, this might mean that your gutters are clogged and causing water to overflow. Mold is always a sure sign that your gutters aren’t working properly too.
Check back next week for even more FAQs about gutter systems. At Alamance Insulation and Gutters, we’ll check out your home and gutters for you and determine how best to move forward. We’re happy to help you make these important decisions for your home. Contact us today!