How do you know if your gutters are working? At Alamance Insulation and Gutters, we’re here to help. We provide quality insulation installation and gutter installation and repair services across the Triad area. If your home or business is located in Greensboro, High Point, Burlington, or surrounding areas in North Carolina, let our professionals help you with all your insulation and gutter needs today.
If your gutters or downspouts are failing, this can lead to expensive problems. Look out for any of these five signs; if you see even one of the following happening, act now and get your gutters repaired!
- Overflowing gutters: this is a very common issue, and it happens when your gutters or downspouts are clogged with debris. If your gutter is clogged, this doesn’t necessarily mean it needs to be repaired. But they need to be cleaned out. Sometimes leaves are sitting on top of the exit hole in the gutter, and you can usually fix this issue by removing the leaves or debris. But sometimes your gutter’s pitch, or angle, isn’t sufficient, which means it isn’t draining properly. Make sure your gutter angle is slightly lower at the end where it drains into the downspout.
- Gutter detachment: if your gutter wasn’t installed correctly or if debris has clogged the gutters or downspouts over a long period of time, your gutter may be detaching from your house. If this happens, have them repaired as soon as possible to avoid further damage.
- Sagging gutters: a few things can cause your gutters to sag. If your gutter is full of debris or if a tree branch is weighing down your gutter, your gutter will likely sag. Gutters that weren’t installed correctly can also sag, or your gutters may just be old. Typically, vinyl gutters sag more often than steel or aluminum gutters.
- Pooling water or cracked foundation: if you notice that water is pooling close to your house, look up. You might need to repair or replace your gutters. Or, if there are cracks in your foundation, this may also be the case. If water isn’t being diverted away from your house properly, then this can cause issues like pooling and cracked foundation.
- Cracks or holes in your gutter: vinyl gutters are more likely to crack, which is caused when a gutter is struck by something. If a seam wasn’t properly sealed during installation, a hole might develop. Cracks or holes are definite signs that your gutters need to be replaced.
Huge problems can arise when your gutters or downspouts aren’t working properly. These issues can be costly, so stay proactive and get your gutters repaired the first time you notice any of the above. At Alamance Insulation and Gutters, we’ll check out your gutters for you and determine the best way to act. Contact us today!